Allow me to reintroduce myself… With a new site design and loss of a lot of my previous blog posts (still sad about that) comes some introductions. I have a lot of new followers and I realized that there’s a couple of things that you may not know about me:
- I’m Trinidadian – I was born in Trinidad and moved to America when I was 3 years old. My entire family is from there and it really is a HUGE part of who I am. The food, the music, the values, I love my country and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
- I started blogging as a school project for my English class – Blogging was something I always wanted to do but was kind of scared to start. My English professor gave us a semester-long research project and I decided to do mine on if blogging can help improve my writing (which it did btw!) so it forced me to start one. I don’t even think I can find those posts because they were on Blogspot, but that’s okay I prob wouldn’t want to see them anyway lol.
- I work at an advertising agency – As much as I would love blogging to be my full-time job, I actually work at an advertising agency. I have a degree is in Advertising/Public Relations with a minor in Hospitality Management so I’m lucky that I was able to get a job in the field that I studied. My main role is on the media team working on the planning and buying of media placements both offline and online. The company I work for now, I actually interned for my last semester of college and they hired me! So internships do work!
- Lauren Conrad is my queen – A lot of people don’t know this about me but watching The Hills is the whole reason I got into the industry that I’m in right now. I saw Lauren working in PR for People’s Revolution and working at Teen Vogue and knew that was what I wanted to do. Hence the major in Advertising/Public Relations, but then I realized how much I actually didn’t like PR and fell in love with advertising lol.
- I tried spaghetti for the first time a couple of months ago Super weird, I know lol! I don’t know why I’ve never tried it before, maybe because I’m not a fan of cheesy things or Italian food. My verdict: it’s alright. I’ll stick with my personal fave: Asian food.
- I spend WAYYYY too much time watching TV – So much time that I kind of want to do a blog post on some of my fave shows and binge-worthy series. But TV is my release, it’s a way for me to relax and not have to think about anything. From reality to documentaries to scripted, I watch it ALL.
- I’m waiting until marriage – Well this is a sensitive topic and I honestly wasn’t sure if I wanted to put it in here, but I do think it’s important because it’s part of who I am. I’m waiting until marriage for primarily religious reasons but personally, I felt like it was the best thing for me. It makes dating a little challenging but I think it’ll be worth it in the end.
- I have one sister but tons of cousins (who are basically sisters) – Even though I only have one sister (Destiny), my mom is one of nine children. So yeah… I have tons of cousins who I love so much and they are all doing pretty cool things. Destiny is 5 years younger than me and has started her own clothing line. She constantly inspires me every day. I can’t sit here and name all of my cousins because that would take forever but Shenelle is a bomb youtuber, T’shelle (my roommate) is killing it in her grad school program and Darcel has started her own blog. I come from a pretty talented family if I do say so myself.
- I’m addicted to Target – Yeah I know every girl says this, but I’m like really addicted. I can go there, not even buy anything and have the time of my life 😂. Just being in Target makes me happy, but chances are I do leave with things that I didn’t even know I needed. Target knows what I need before I do, it’s one of the most important relationships in my life lol.
- I milly rock on every block – The milly rock is my go to dance when I’m out. Why? I have no idea, but it’s not a party if I don’t milly rock lol.
Coming up with 10 things about myself was a lot harder than I thought it would be, but I hope you know a little bit more about me now. Some of the things that I mentioned might end up being their own blog posts so I can elaborate on them a little more. If there’s anything you may want to know more about, feel free to leave a comment down below, message me, or dm me on Instagram!
Photos by David