Halter Crop top – Charlotte Russe / Skirt – Forever 21 / Jacket – Adidas / Purse – Forever 21 / Booties – American Eagle / Necklace – Forever 21 Athleisure is just one of those trends that I hope sticks around for a while. I was never someone that was athletic. My sister was the one that got those genes. I was the uncoordinated girl that would sit on the bench looking super cute in her uniform, so this trend was made for me lol. I’m all for trying new things when it comes to fashion, but I don’t like to sacrifice comfort. Athleisure embraces being comfortable and makes it acceptable for all settings. I swear I’ve worn this Adidas jacket to work and dressed it up with some booties to make it a little more work appropriate. Granted, I work at an advertising agency and we’re a little more lenient with the dress code, but still, it was an extremely stylish outfit.
So where do you start when it comes to Athleisure? I would start off by adding one piece to your outfit like I did with this look. The whole outfit is pretty basic but then I added this Adidas Original jacket which completely transformed it. You don’t have to go all out, just start small :). If you’re still a little intimidated, no worries! I got you! Target, T.J Maxx, and Forever 21 all have athleisure pieces or sections in their stores. They even have some pieces that play on the athleisure trend but are still very subtle. For example, Forever21 has these amazing navy trousers (that I have & absolutely LOVE) with a white tuxedo stripe down the side, that gives it a sporty vibe.
If you’re ready to work your way up, Adidas is one of those brands that’s classic but always kills it. It’s sold at a ton of places, so it’s a brand that’s extremely easy to find. I know what some of you are thinking, “Adidas is kind of out of my price range”. Let me let you in on a little secret… the boys’ section. Yes, I know it’s crazy but I actually got this jacket from the boys’ section at Adidas. I have no shame that I’m 24 years old and will still find things in the kids’ section lol! I mean think about it, am I going to pay $40+ for this jacket in the women’s’ section or am I going to pay the $23 that I got it for in the boys’ section? I’ll take $23 for $200 Alex lol If I can save money, I’m going to do it. When it comes to fashion, you have to get creative in how you style and where you get your pieces from. But regardless of whether you’re into fashion or not, I would give this trend a try. I mean what’s not to love about being comfortable and cute? 🙂
See below to shop some of my FAVORITE athleisure picks.
Photos by Alex
It has been a while. Life has been… well crazy actually. These past couple of months have been rough! I don’t know what’s been going on, but I’ve been struggling and unfortunately, blogging was put on the back burner. Without getting too much into it, a lot has been going on personally and I hope to share some of the experiences and what I’ve been learning from them with you guys in some posts to come. Welllllllll to catch you guys up, I just turned 24! If you haven’t read my blog post yet about it, drop what you’re doing and go read it! I think 24 for me is all about living my best life. Yes, I know that’s a popular thing right now, but I think everyone should want to live their best lives. People will define it differently, but for me, it’s all about not letting people and situations affect me. It’s about enjoying life and the now. So that’s how I’m trying to live my life… UNBOTHERED lol. Other than my birthday, I’ve been working my butt off at my job and really trying to strengthen my relationships with the people around me.
If you’ve been following me for a while, you might have noticed some changes. First of all, more than half of my posts are gone due to a mistake when switching my hosting site. I know, I know, I’m disappointed too 🙁 I’m going to miss having my older posts on here because I love to see how much I’ve grown as a blogger. But on the bright side, this gives me a chance to really switch it up and bring some new content for you guys. Another change is the layout. I am LIVING for the new layout! My amazing friend, Rob helped me with the identity of the site. He focused on helping me define my purpose and goals for the blog and then from there he created the brand guidelines, logo, and header. If you’re looking to rebrand or create a brand, check him out!
Along with a new layout, there’s going to be a shift in content. This blog was always primarily fashion based and I kind of want to mix it up a little bit. Don’t get me wrong I still LOVE fashion, but I also love talking about a few other things like beauty, interior design, careers, life, lol. So we’re going to start incorporating some other topics on here! If you want to hear about something specific, please let me know! I want to produce content that not only I love, but that you want to read and know more about.
There are a lot of changes happening! Even though sometimes change sucks, it gives you a chance to start fresh 🙂
Photo by David
Birthdays are that time of the year, where we take a moment to look back and reflect on not only the last year of our life but the last few years. We think about the milestones we’ve reached, the setbacks we’ve had, the people and experiences we’ve gained, and also the people and experiences we’ve lost. We might have had expectations for where we want to be at certain ages. Maybe we achieved them and maybe we didn’t. When I was in high school, I told myself that I wanted to be married at 24. Wowww was I wrong lol. As I am now the very young age of 24, I look back at high school me and I’m like what was I thinking? I am in no way ready for marriage. Things change lol. Your wants change. Your needs change. I think I thought that 24 was an old age, but that’s okay when you’re only 16 years old. But from 16 to 24, I’ve seen so much growth in myself and these are a couple of things that I’ve learned along the way…
- Trust God – It’s the hardest thing to put into practice but the best lesson you could ever learn.
- Life is all about perspective – perspective literally changes everything.
- Have a go-to outfit – You’ll be happy for those mornings you wake up late for work and have to run out the door.
- Self-care, self-care, self-care – If you’re not practicing self-care, GET YOUR LIFE!
- A mental holiday is the best kind of holiday – Don’t be afraid to take one.
- Accept the unknown (still learning this one) – Sometimes things do not go as planned. You have to accept it and keep moving.
- Start investing in quality items – This is the time of our lives where we can be a little selfish and splurge on ourselves. My splurges lately have been on beauty items. Don’t get me wrong, I love drugstore products, but sometimes the $50 foundation is worth it 🙂
- If you’re constantly second guessing something, chances are you should go with your gut.
- Take off your makeup before you go to bed – your skin will thank you!
- If something/someone is making you unhappy, let it go. It’s not worth it – it REALLY isn’t worth it
- Where you are now, is only a season – We may feel stuck but it is just a season and seasons change.
- When it comes to love, be open to different possibilities – You never know who can completely rock your world if you limit your options.
- Take care of your body – Drink more water, exercise, the whole nine yards. I hate to exercise just as much as the next person and don’t get me started on water (I can literally go days without drinking water)! Buttttttttt ever since I started working out more regularly and drinking a ton of water, I’ve had so much more energy and I’m in the best shape of my life.
- Stick to who you are – Don’t change who you are for anyone. I’ve changed myself for someone before and you’re always in this state of not feeling comfortable. Don’t do it.
- Cook more often – it’ll save you money and it’s the best feeling when you cook something amazing for yourself. I feel so proud of myself whenever I make a really good meal 🙂
- Speak up for yourself – people kind of suck sometimes.
- Have as many girl’s nights as possible – There’s something about a girl’s nights that make everything better. Whether it’s just having a glass of wine and watching the bachelor or actually going out and dancing the night away, you always know you’re going to have a good time.
- Be open to different opportunities, experiences, and adventures – 24 is a young age! I’m learning to do things I never thought I would or never thought I would have the chance to do.
- Take it one day at a time – and sometimes it’s literally one hour at a time.
- Learn to celebrate your mistakes – My friend Carley and I were just talking about this the other day. We are going to mess up (sometimes really badly) but beating yourself up about something that is already done makes no sense. So take it as a learning experience, figure out a solution and move on!
- Have a clean space – Your spaces reflect your current state of mind, make sure they are clean! If my apartment and my desk at work are a mess, usually I’m having a pretty hectic week.
- Don’t be scared to address things that are bothering you – addressing conflict is not the easiest thing to do but you feel so much better after getting it off of your chest.
- Embrace vulnerability – You may feel like Mr. Crabs from Spongebob when he lost his shell 😂but it’s a necessary part of life.
- TREAT YO SELF!
So basically 24 is all about living my best life lol! Over the past few years, I’ve let so many things bother and affect me. 24 is the year that it’s all about me. I’m refocusing on the things that are important to me, living my life unbothered, and enjoying every minute. I will forever think that your 20s are probably the most difficult and exciting decade of your life. You graduate college, you get your first job in your career, you move up the ladder, people get married and start families. We’re making memories, traveling, exploring, and figuring out what we want in life. So don’t think of your mistakes or where you’re not, but what you’ve learned.
Photo by David